How do you know when to replace makeup brushes?
Makeup brushes are wonderful tools that help us create art. Unfortunately, they don’t last FOREVER and need replacement. If they’re made of inexpensive materials, that’ll be sooner, rather than late. Here are 5 tell-tale signs that you need new ones!
Here are 5 signs:
- The brush hairs are shedding. You need the bristles to make it a “brush”! Shedding indicates damage, which means cracks and places for bacteria and mold to hide.
- There are cracks in the handle. Hello, bacteria! If the handle is cracked or the crack reaches the bristles, chances are that bacteria is harboring, which means you’re smearing it onto your face when you apply makeup with the brush or with your hands after you touch it.
- Applying makeup results in uneven or “cakey” layers. If you’re exfoliating like you should, using the proper amount, and have cleaned your brushes every week (or daily), your makeup should apply evenly.
- Your brushes smell bad, are misshapen, discolored, or feel rough. Smell=bacteria, misshapen=uneven application, discolored/rough=buildup= uneven application or bacteria.
- You used a natural-bristle brush with a liquid/cream product. Natural-bristles work best with dry powders; applying creams with it may be more difficult. The natural bristles can absorb the product in its cuticle, therefore you may never get the same result with powders using that brush again.
Do you see a pattern? If you haven’t been taking care of your brushes regularly, it’s likely filled with nasty bacteria. Eye brushes can harbor/transfer tiny critters onto your lashes and into your eye! (Have you heard of eye mites? I dare you to Google it!) If it’s not the bugs, bacteria, or the falling apart, it’s an uneven application.
What’s the point in a makeup brush if the brush isn’t doing its job?
limelife’s pro-grade brushes
Now that you know when to replace makeup brushes, and why, you may consider upgrading to professional-grade tools. They may cost more initially, but are an investment that is well worth it!
Save time and headaches by avoiding unnecessary breakouts and easier, more even application with LimeLife’s professional-grade makeup brushes and tools.
Think about it: do you think the Mona Lisa or Sistine Chapel would be as nice if finger painted? I’m totally kidding, but also- seriously. If you’re going to take the time to polish up, do it efficiently and with some added class!
LimeLife makeup brushes are professionally curated and should last YEARS of QUALITY application, friend. While you’re looking at makeup brushes, you may as well get one of the best cleansers for them too!
Want to learn more about SAVING money on LimeLife’s professional-grade makeup brushes?
The April 2022 Amazebox is THE surprise that you don’t want to miss this year. There’s only 2500 NEW subscriptions available, so click over to the shop and get yours now!
If you found value in my work and don’t already have a relationship
with a Beauty Guide…
“Make sure my name is listed at the top when you Click to Shop!”
Aloha from Alaska!
Founding Beauty Guide
Serving the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Germany, Ireland, Spain, & Australia!
COPYRIGHT © 2017-2022 · Jean Lucas© // Brazen Faith #LoveBrazenly©
All Rights Reserved. Without Prejudice.